3D integration involves vertically stacking of several integrated circuits and establishing electrical connections between them. Although 3D interconnect technologies have obvious advantages and their manufacturing process has almost reached the status of mass production, there are several reliability issues, as is often the case in emerging technologies. Electromigration is one of those concerns.
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics; basics of microelectronic technologies with emphasis on 3D interconnect schemes will be a plus.
- Good knowledge and interest in multiphysics (material science, mechanics, heat science), modeling (FEM [COMSOL especially], phase field method) is an asset.
This internship will take place in the characterization and reliability lab. in conjunction with the simulation and modelling one in a technological and scientific research environment.
For further information or for application, please contact Stéphane MOREAU (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Olga CUETO (email@example.com).
More information on the subject and work description are available in the documents below :(French (Fr) and English (Gb) version)
Four conferences related to the themes of mechanical strength of materials, defects in semiconductors, mechanics and TEM have abstract submission deadlines approaching very fast :
- ICSMA (July 2018, Ohio): the deadline for abstracts submission is January 15th, 2018.
- EDS (June 2018, Greece): the deadline for abstract submission is February 19th, 2018.
- European Society for Experimental Mechanics (EuraSEM). (www.icem18.org) Brussels, July 1- 7th, 2018. A session on “Micro- and nano-scale mechanical testing” is organized. Deadline January 15th, 2018.
- http://imc19.com/ : International Microscopy Conference, Australia, 9-14 sept 2018. Many symposia related to interface, small scale structures, in situ. Deadline for abstract submission: February 1st, 2018.
Call for late-breaking abstracts:
It's still possible to accommodate a few more contributions in the following three sessions:
- H1. Spatially-resolved Characterization of Thin Films and Engineered Surfaces
- H2. Advanced Mechanical Testing of Surfaces, Thin Films, and Coatings
- H3. Characterization of Coatings in Harsh Environments
Please submit your abstract until February 21, 2018 at: http://www2.avs.org/conferences/ICMCTF/2018/index.htm
The full description of the symposium is available at: http://www2.avs.org/conferences/ICMCTF/2018/symposium_h.htm
For further details, please contact: