Postdoc position at IM2NP at Aix-Marseille University, Marseille, France
A post-doctoral position is available for 2 years at “Institut Matériaux Microélectronique Nanosciences de Provence" (IM2NP).
Project: The work is part of an international project (Street Art Nano) in collaboration with Singapore (Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) and Nanyang Technology University (NTU)) which aims at unravelling the mechanisms of interfacial sliding at FCC/BCC interfaces.
The successful candidate will participate in the development of a novel tensile testing apparatus that is compatible with synchrotron beamlines for in situ experiments. In addition, he/she will study the interfacial sliding mechanisms of Cu/Nb nanolayers combining the new tensile testing machine and X-ray diffraction at 3rd generation synchrotron sources (e.g. ALS in Berkeley, SOLEIL near Paris, ESRF in Grenoble) as well as perform modeling using FEM and crystal plasticity.
• PhD in condensed matter physics, materials sciences or a closely related science
• Strong background in X-ray diffraction and mechanics of materials (elasticity, plasticity)
• Fluent in English
• Enthusiasm for research and team-minded
• Familiar with FE modeling is an asset
• Familiarity with experiments performed at synchrotron radiation facility will be appreciated
• Knowledge of python or other programming languages is desirable
Applications: Applications including a CV,2 letters of recommendations, and a statement of research interests should be submitted on https://emploi.cnrs.fr/ (look for“Reconfiguration atomique aux interfaces CFC/CC pour la réalisation de conducteurs étirables”)
For further information, please contact: Prof. Olivier Thomas (Olivier.Thomas@im2np.fr)
CommentsNo comments yet
Suivre le flux RSS des commentaires