PhD Student position at TU Darmstadt, Germany
The Ceramics group at the Department of Materials and Earth Science at TU Darmstadt, Germany, is offering a PhD Student position for a DFG (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft) funded project on:
“Understanding stress-oxidation interaction on grain boundary failure: in situ microscale crack propagation experiments”.
The project involves experimental work and you will be responsible for preparing micro-cantilevers using focused ion beam (FIB), and testing them under coupled/de-coupled mechanical and thermal oxidation conditions using nanoindentation technique. In addition, you will also work in close collaboration with leading research groups (at TU Darmstadt, Max-Planck-Institut für Eisenforschung, and abroad) on structural investigations using high resolution scanning electron microscopy for characterization of microstructure (mainly grain boundaries) using transmission electron microscopy.
• Excellent Master degree in Engineering Mechanics, Materials Science, or Applied Physics.
• Strong interest in scientific research and above-average motivation to manage the PhD project.
• Very good knowledge of spoken and written English.
• Strong academic background in one or more of the following subjects: solid mechanics (preferably fracture mechanics), solid state physics, high temperature oxidation, metallurgy.
• Prior experience or Master thesis in a related topic/field of research.
• Hands-on experience in one or more of the following topics: nanoindentation, SEM, EBSD, micro-mechanical testing, finite element simulation.
• Publications in peer-reviewed journal.
• Demonstrated ability for independent scientific research.
Applications should include scientific CV (including list of publications in peer-reviewed journals, if any), courses and grades, motivation letter, recommendation letters and contact data from two references.
Please send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: May 31, 2019
More information can be found in the following document: « PhD position in TU Darmstadt_2019.pdf »
CommentsNo comments yet
Suivre le flux RSS des commentaires