PhD position at the Fusion Materials Laboratory (FML) at KIT, Karlsruhe, Germany
The IAM-WBM is offering a PhD position in material science at the FML. The focus of the thesis is the identification and application of high-throughput techniques to predict the changes in structural and mechanical properties of materials during service. The main goal of the project is to develop small-scale mechanical tools, which allow to assess the reliability and safety-potential of materials being subjected to microstructural changes during service.
- Scale-bridging (from sub-μm to mm sizes) mechanical experiments for instance in standalone and in situ SEM indenters as well as universal testing machines;
- Microstructural characterization of advanced high strength steels and body centered cubic model materials;
- AI-based prediction(s) of macroscopic material behaviors (e.g. establishing of a multidimensional neural network);
- Scientific publishing (journal publications and scientific talks at international conferences)
- Candidates must hold a master degree with focus on physics, materials science or mechanical engineering.
- Experiences in microstructural properties of materials, mechanical testing and AImethods are beneficial.
For more information:
do not hesitate to contact:
Prof. Christoph Kirchlechner: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Hans-Christian Schneider: email@example.com
CommentsNo comments yet
Suivre le flux RSS des commentaires