Par GDRi Mecano le 9 January 2018 à 14:55
Four conferences related to the themes of mechanical strength of materials, defects in semiconductors, mechanics and TEM have abstract submission deadlines approaching very fast :
- ICSMA (July 2018, Ohio): the deadline for abstracts submission is January 15th, 2018.
- EDS (June 2018, Greece): the deadline for abstract submission is February 19th, 2018.
- European Society for Experimental Mechanics (EuraSEM). (www.icem18.org) Brussels, July 1- 7th, 2018. A session on “Micro- and nano-scale mechanical testing” is organized. Deadline January 15th, 2018.
- http://imc19.com/ : International Microscopy Conference, Australia, 9-14 sept 2018. Many symposia related to interface, small scale structures, in situ. Deadline for abstract submission: February 1st, 2018.
Par GDRi Mecano le 21 December 2017 à 17:48
At the Department Materials Physics of the Montanuniversität Leoben (MUL), Daniel Kiener focusses on the understanding of deformation and failure processes on a nanometer length scale. Aim of his work is a knowledge driven design of novel high strength and extremely fracture resistant materials. This effort is now also recognized by the European Research Council (ERC), which supports the excellent fundamental research of Dr. Kiener via a Consolidator Grant over the next five years by two million Euros, awarded to the project TOUGHIT* (Tough Interface Tailored Nanostructured Metals).
More on the project here
* replacing any letter of the acronym (G by CH, GH by GHS) may result in laughsuit.
Par GDRi Mecano le 20 November 2017 à 17:06
The abstract submission deadline (December 1st) for the Fundamentals of Fracture Symposium at the joint meeting of the German and European Physical Societies (DPG and EPS) in Berlin, March 11-16 2018 is rapidly approaching.
For more information about the symposium and abstract submission please see http://www.eam.fau.de/fundfracture/ .
Par GDRi Mecano le 28 April 2017 à 12:15
The registration deadline for the GDRi Mecano annual meeting that will be held in Toulouse, May 10-12 is: May 2nd, 2017.
Registration (free but required) is still possible here.
The program can be found here.
Looking forward to seeing you in Toulouse.
Par GDRi Mecano le 28 April 2017 à 11:53
Prof. Erik Bitzek has been awarded a Consolidator Grant from the European Research Concil (ERC).
Congratulations to him (herzlichsten Glückwünsche), hoping that he will not lean too much towards the dark side of matter*
*constituting 95.1% of the Universe, dark matter and energy are soooo mainstream.
your comment1 2
Follow this section's article RSS flux
Follow this section's comments RSS flux