MSE Congress - Small scall in situ mechanical testing, Darmstadt, Germany, 26-28 September 2018
From September 26th to 28th 2018, Europe´s Material Scientists and Engineers will meet at the Materials Science and Engineering Congress (MSE) at the Darmstadt University of Technology, Germany. And a special focus on the following symposia:
C05 - Small scall in situ mechanical testing:
Small scale and in situ mechanical testing techniques are becoming more and more important for characterizing and understanding the mechanical behavior of a wide variety of materials. There is a rapid development of innovative in situ and small scale testing techniques, which allow further insights in the acting deformation processes and dominating deformation mechanisms.
This symposium will mainly focus on both the development of new advanced in situ testing techniques and the further application of these techniques to understand the mechanical behavior of materials. Of special interest are combined experimental and simulation approaches, specifically focusing on the influences of interfaces on the material behavior. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Advanced small scale testing techniques (e.g. Nanoindentation, µ-compression, µ-tension testing).
- Testing and understanding the deformation behavior of interfaces: Interface glide and migration in deformation of interface-dominated structures, i.e. grain and phase boundaries.
- Coupling between deformation and interface chemistry.
- Monotonic and cyclic testing; interrupted monitoring.
- Testing at elevated temperatures and under various environmental conditions.
- New testing approaches for fracture toughness determination.
- Correlation high resolution microscopy analysis and in situ testing using optical microscopy, SEM, TEM or X-ray.
- Evaluation of localized phenomena by use of digital image correlation, acoustic and thermal measurements or combined full-field measurements.
- Correlation between experiments and simulations.
Karsten Durst, Physical Metallurgy, TU Darmstadt.
Verena Maier-Kiener, Department Physical Metallurgy and Materials Testing, Montanuniversität Leoben.
Rebecca Janisch, ICAMS; Ruhr University Bochum.
Afrooz Barnoush, NTNU, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
Confirmed keynote speaker:
Dr. Steffen Brinckmann from MPIE.
Dr. Marco Sebastiani from University Roma Tre.
Abstract deadline: February 28th, 2018
Further information on the abstract submission can be found under https://www.mse-congress.de/topics/c-characterization/
CommentsNo comments yet
Suivre le flux RSS des commentaires