Par GDRi Mecano le 10 March 2017 à 14:02
The Nexus of Bio-, Nano-, Architecture, and Mechanics of Interfaces
Topics and sessions will be centered around the fundamentals of small-scale material systems subjected to mechanical perturbation generated by a biological, chemical, or another nano-sized force. The point of departure for this meeting will be to stress the interdisciplinary and multi-scale nature of some of the most relevant nano-mechanics problems today. Of particular interest are topics on mechanotransduction of cells on substrates, properties of dissimilar interfaces - i.e. bio-nano, chemo-mechano, biological and bio-inspired materials, electrochemical interfaces relevant to energy storage, piezoelectric response, nano-optomechanical properties, and mechanics of architected materials. Multiple technological applications with these phenomena at their core require a thorough understanding of the mechanics of aforementioned
Chairs : Julia R. Greer & Yuan Lin
Applications (before July 2nd, 2017) and more information on :
Par GDRi Mecano le 8 March 2017 à 13:07
A Summer School on Experimental Nano- and Micromechanics, will be held from 11th to 15th of September 2017 at the Max-Planck-Institut für Eisenforschung, Düsseldorf (Germany). The school is organized by Christoph Kirchlechner (MPIE, Düsseldorf) and Benoit Merle (FAU, Erlangen).
The school aims at providing a comprehensive overview on experimental nano- and micromechanical testing methods. Focus thereby is put on material properties which we can reliably extract from in situ micromechanical experiments. The school will deal with nanoindentation, methods to explore the small-scale plastic and fracture properties of materials and interfaces, frequently used characterization techniques with in situ capabilities and, finally, simulation techniques.
- Nanoindentation and HT-Nanoindentation: Jeffrey Wheeler (ETH Zürich)
- Plasticity: Erica Lilleodden (HZG Geesthacht) and Daniel Kiener (University of Leoben)
- Fracture: David Armstrong (Oxford University) and Goran Zagar (EPFL Lausanne)
- Thin Films: Ruth Schwaiger (KIT Karlsruhe)
- In situ Characterization: Frédéric Mompiou (CNRS Toulouse) and Stefan Zaefferer (MPIE Düsseldorf)
- Simulation Techniques at the Mesoscale: Marc Fivel (CNRS Grenoble)
Hands-on exercises in state-of-the art laboratories will treat practical aspects of the experimental work, including nanoindentation, EBSD, microfracture mechanics, thin film mechanics.
Registration is limited to 40 participants. We advise young scientists interested in attending the school to send their application as soon as possible to email@example.com. The participation fee is 250€ and includes a BBQ party and 3 lunches, as well as all drinks during the school.
Further information can be found at www.mpie.de/2768772/scientific-events.
Par GDRi Mecano le 8 March 2017 à 13:03
A CISM Advanced School on "Mesoscale models: From micro-physics to macro-interpretation"
coordinated by S. Mesaroic, H. Zbib and S. Forest will take place on May 22-26 2017 in Udine, Italy.
This school targets PhD students, post-doctoral and more senior researchers.
All information in the pdf document below, including possible support of CISM for accommodation.
Par GDRi Mecano le 20 February 2017 à 18:51
The 2017 General Meeting of the Mecano Network will take place at CEMES, in Toulouse, May 10-12, 2017.
Registration is free but needed.
More information on the meeting site : https://mecano2016.sciencesconf.org/
Oral and poster presentations are welcome. Submissions are open till March 18th, 2017
Par GDRi Mecano le 16 January 2017 à 19:38
Several conferences of potential interest for the Mecano community:
- Materials for Advanced Metallization -MAM (Dresden, March 26-29, 2017). Abstract submission deadline : January 20, 2017.
- Plasticité (Rennes, April 10-12, 2017). Abstract submission deadline : January 31, 2017.
- BSSM’s International Conference on Advances in Experimental Mechanics (Sheffield, August 29-31, 2017). Abstract submission deadline : January 30, 2017
- ECI Nanomechanical Testing in Materials Research and Development VI (Dubrovnik, October 1-5, 2017) (updates will be posted soon). ( Chair: K. Durst, Technical University of Darmstadt)
Follow this section's article RSS flux
Follow this section's comments RSS flux